| Jun 15, 2011
I grew up in a small business family. My father ran a dental practice for 40+ years with my mother at his side managing his administrative needs. Sometimes after school my brother and I would help out with filing (not our favorite thing as a teenagers, but it was needed and we were expected to pitch in). When I was 12 years old or so, my father’s office building was devastated by a flood. Furniture, carpets and equipment were destroyed.
Fortunately, his patients' medical records, the lifeblood of his business, were soggy but intact. Today, he would not have been so lucky. The same records that in my father’s day were on paper and film are now 100% digital. Digitals files on computers, hard drives or other devices are lost when disaster or office theft occurs. And his business, and by association our family, would have endured extreme hardship.
With this personal history in mind, I am pleased to announce that Carbonite has launched a new and better way for small businesses to back up their invaluable data…Carbonite Business.
Carbonite Business was developed specifically with small businesses in mind, and reflects the input that small business owners across the country have provided to us as we conducted extensive research and interviews over the past year.
What we heard most from small business owners along the way was that they understood and wanted the superior data protection and security that online backup solutions such as Carbonite offer…but that they needed it to be simple to manage and priced in a way that fit their budgets and justified the switch from their current approach to backing up.
Carbonite Business now allows small businesses to take advantage of the benefits offered by online backup protection, at a price that just makes good business sense. For as little as $229 per year, or well less than a buck a day, small businesses can now back up their entire business.
Among the specific benefits that Carbonite Business offers small businesses are:
- Automatic and continual backup of your business’ important documents, spreadsheets, presentations, videos, photos, music, and other data files.
- Flat-fee annual pricing plans that allow you to back up an unlimited number of PCs and Macs for one simple price (and, unlike competitor products, with zero “per computer” charge).
- External Hard Drive backup.
- Safety & Security via Carbonite's software encryption, which encrypts files before your data even reaches our secure Data Centers
- Anytime, Anywhere Access to your backed-up files from any browser, iOS, Blackberry, or Android mobile device.
- An easy-to-use online administration console that provides you—or your office manager—a complete view to the backup status of each computer and the ability to grant remote access permissions on a user-by-user basis.
- U.S. based customer support via online chat, email, or phone…from 8:00am to Midnight (EST), seven days a week.
- The peace of mind that goes with working with Carbonite, a leader in online backup who has already backed up more than 100 billion files--and successfully restored over 7 billion files to customers who otherwise would have lost their important data forever.
Carbonite Business includes all of the above features, and includes 250GB of data protection for just $229 per year. For small businesses looking to back up a server, our Carbonite Premier solution provides server protection and includes up to 500GB of data protection. Both solutions also offer small businesses the option to add additional backup storage “packs” in 50GB or 100GB increments.
Visit Carbonite.com/business to see how easy it is for you to try Carbonite Business risk free. We offer a no obligation, 30-day free trial period…with no need to even enter credit card information until you decide to buy. Use offer code "launch" when you sign up for the free trial and you'll get 2 free months when you decide to buy.
If you have questions about Carbonite Business or even want some help getting 30-day free trial up-and-running quickly and easily, you can also call our Carbonite Business team at (877) 334-7621. In just minutes, we can have you backing up your business.
We hope that our new Carbonite Business solution will help you to keep your critical business data safe…and - whichever solution you choose for your own business - appreciate your time and interest in Carbonite.
Carbonite Small Business Group