| May 22, 2012
Did you know that this is National Small Business Week? At Carbonite, we’re always impressed by the hard work and amazing accomplishments of our nation’s small businesses, and we are excited to have the opportunity to recognize them small businesses for their positive impact on the lives of their customers, their employees and the economy.
Carbonite CEO David Friend, an entrepreneur at heart who has founded six companies, offers the following tips for helping small businesses best leverage online services:
- Social media platforms connect you with your customers. Whether it’s Twitter, Foursquare, Facebook, LinkedIn or Pinterest, it’s important to leverage social media channels to connect with your customers. These channels may be one of the quickest ways to let your customers know about your offerings and to remind them of your services.
- Listen with your eyes. The internet has given consumers a new way to voice their opinions: sharing recommendations and reviews via a multitude of online review sites. Look at these sites regularly to see what customers are saying about you and set up feeds and alerts where possible so you have real-time updates. Use this as an opportunity to respond to criticism and accept compliments from customers.
- You’ve got mail. In today’s fast-paced times, consumers may prefer to fire off an email asking you a question. Try to answer emails quickly, which will show the customer that you care about them and that you are able to help them with any issues. A quick response can improve overall customer satisfaction.
- Beware of data thieves. With more business conducted online than ever before, cyber security should be top of mind. To protect your data do not open suspicious emails, use strong passwords, and also make sure your anti-virus and anti-malware signature database is up to date.
- Make sure you’re protected. Results from a recent study by Carbonite revealed small businesses have big gaps in their data backup plans – putting them at risk for losing valuable information in the instance of power outage, hard drive failure, or even a virus. Online (cloud) backup from Carbonite offers an affordable, more reliable way for small to medium sized businesses to back up their valuable data.
AND, we’re offering a special discount on Carbonite Business products to help small business owners protect their valuable data. Now, through May 31, we’re offering 3 free bonus months with new Carbonite Business plan subscriptions.
To take advantage of this special offer, enter the code SMBWEEK at time of purchase. Small businesses can call 1-877-334-7621 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional details.