Safe and Secure
Rest easy knowing your files are encrypted and stored at one of Carbonite’s highly secure data centers.
While still on your computer, your files are encrypted with 128-bit Blowfish encryption. Then, Carbonite transmits them to one of several state-of-the-art data centers using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. Files remain encrypted on our secure servers.
To protect your files against mechanical disk failure, we store them on enterprise-grade disk drives that have a significantly lower failure rates than those typically found in consumer PCs. Plus, we store your data across a redundant array of disk drives – so, on the off chance a drive fails, it can be replaced in real time, with no interruption to your backup.
Highly-secure data centers, guarded around the clock
Files remains encrypted and protected at our data centers by:
- Temperature control
- Uninterruptable power supplies (UPS)
- On-site emergency backup generators with guaranteed fuel contracts
- Tightly restricted personnel access using biometric scanners
- Server access controlled with electronic key cards and PIN codes
- Guards on duty 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
Data Security Details
Download our data security white paper to learn about how Carbonite keeps your files protected at all times.