The top 10 things to know
before getting started with the Carbonite Reseller Program
- Why should I add online backup to my list of services?
- Why should I become a Carbonite Authorized Reseller?
- What are the qualifications to become a Carbonite Authorized Reseller?
- How do I become a Carbonite Authorized Reseller?
- What kind of prices do Carbonite Authorized Resellers receive?
- What products can I sell through the Carbonite Reseller Program?
- What kind of support do Carbonite Authorized Resellers receive?
- What changes have been made to the Reseller Program?
- I'm an existing Carbonite reseller, what do I need to do to access the new reseller dashboard?
- How can I get more information about the Carbonite Reseller program?
1. Why should I add online backup to my list of services?
With cloud services – and specifically, online backup - on the rise, there's never been a better time to become a Carbonite Reseller. According to technology research firm Gartner, by the end of 2013, the size of the cloud computing market will be at about $150 billion. (Gartner, 2010) Forester has also noted that small businesses in particular, are migrating to backup in the form of cloud-based services and expects online backup to grow more than 35% in 2 years. (Forester, 2011)
As the world becomes increasingly more connected through the use of laptops, tablets and smartphones, the desire to backup and access the content of these devices has skyrocketed. As a value added reseller, you stand to gain significant new business by positioning yourself to take advantage of this growth opportunity. Here's how:
- You'll help customers alleviate a genuine risk to their data with an online system that is easy-to-use, and inexpensive. This builds customer loyalty.
- You can incorporate online backup into your own business offerings, selling it as a line item bundled into a disaster protection plan for existing clients, or as a leading product to build new relationships.
- By either shifting your customers away from on-premise storage or using it to augment online backup, you make it easier for clients to access their data remotely – from any Internet-connected computer and most smartphones - which can create more business opportunities for you.
2. Why should I become a Carbonite Authorized Reseller?
The backup industry is evolving fast and you're in a position to help your customers make the right decision and grow your customer base. Carbonite is a leading provider of online backup solutions for consumers and small businesses. We've been providing online backup since 2006, with one simple mission: to provide safe and secure online backup to anyone with a computer. Our goal is to make the backup and restore process as easy and hassle-free as possible. Currently, we have over 1 million subscribers in over 100 countries, and we've restored over 7 billion files that would have otherwise been lost forever. Here are some of the benefits you can expect as a Carbonite reseller:
- Simple, Cloud-based Backup - You'll be selling a product that customers will find fast, easy, and secure. Once installed, Carbonite runs continually in the background, backing up new and changed files whenever the computer is connected to the Internet. Carbonite creates encrypted copies of the files and transmits them to one of Carbonite's state-of-the-art data centers using SSL security technology. When your customers need to get their files back, Carbonite will walk you through an easy-to-follow process that restores their backed up files to the right place on their computers.
- National Brand Awareness - You will leverage the power of our brand, one of the most recognized names in online backup. Carbonite's advertising and endorsements on national TV and radio will build awareness and trust amongst your customers.
- Recurring Revenue – With Carbonite's high customer satisfaction and retention rates—and plans to meet every backup need – creating a book of business has never been easier.
- Preferred Pricing – Carbonite offers all Authorized Resellers tiered discounted pricing on all of our plans.
- Easy Account Management – Carbonite's easy-to-use reseller dashboard is the key to successfully managing all of your customers' accounts. Through this dashboard, you can purchase and distribute Carbonite activation codes, monitor your customers' accounts and backup statuses, keep track of your payment history and more.
- Complete Account Management - Once you've sold Carbonite subscriptions, you'll maintain complete control of your customers. We'll even supply you with marketing materials, which you can use to promote and sell Carbonite.
3. What are the qualifications to become a Carbonite Authorized Reseller?
We are looking for value added resellers who want to actively sell online backup plans because they recognize the customer need, value Carbonite's mission to provide automatic, safe and secure online backup, and recognize the business opportunity for themselves. Our resellers should be technically astute and currently work with home and/or small business customers. Please contact the Carbonite Reseller Team to register via phone (877-391-4759) or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). You can also visit the reseller program homepage.
4. How do I become a Carbonite Authorized Reseller?
If you are interested in being a Carbonite Reseller, either contact the Carbonite Reseller Team to discuss it further or register at the reseller program homepage. After that:
- You will receive an email confirming that you are a part of the Carbonite Authorized Reseller program. You will also be asked to complete the reseller registration form (password and security questions).
- Upon completing the registration process, you'll automatically be logged into the reseller dashboard.
5. What kind of prices do Carbonite Authorized Resellers receive?
As a Carbonite reseller, you'll receive discounts so you can maximize your revenue. With Carbonite's tiered discounted pricing model, the more sales you make, the better your profit margin. Contact the Carbonite Reseller Team for additional details.
6. What products can I sell through the Carbonite Reseller Program?
As a Carbonite Reseller, you'll have the option to sell any or all of Carbonite's 5 plans – Home, HomePlus, HomePremier, Business and BusinessPremier. You can easily find the plan that fits each of your customer's individual backup needs.
7. What kind of support do Carbonite Authorized Resellers receive?
Carbonite has a dedicated Reseller Support team to help you, should any questions arise.
- For technical questions, the support team can be reached at 877-334-7603, or email@example.com, 9 AM – 9 PM ET, 7 days a week.
- For business and marketing questions, contact Channel Account Managers: 9 AM - 5 PM ET, Monday - Friday
8. What changes have been made to the Reseller Program?
You'll find a host of changes including a new reseller dashboard, which gives you instant access to the status of your existing customers and makes it easy for you to buy and sell Carbonite to new customers. Additionally, we've added:
- Dedicated customer support for Resellers
- The ability to sell all of Carbonite's 5 plans to your customers
- Tiered discounted pricing model
- Channel Account Manager support
9. I'm an existing Carbonite reseller, what do I need to do to access the new reseller dashboard?
Go to https://reseller.carbonite.com and Log In.
- For an existing reseller with a valid login to the prior reseller portal, you may log into the new reseller dashboard with your existing username and password.
- For an existing reseller that did not have access to the prior reseller portal, please call a Channel Account Manager at 877-391-4759 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for set-up information. You can also go to the reseller program homepage and sign up for access to the new reseller dashboard if you haven't already done so.
Note: For resellers who have previously sold Carbonite Business subscriptions, you will not see your Carbonite Business accounts within your dashboard upon registering for the new reseller dashboard. However, Carbonite will be migrating your Business accounts into your portal shortly. If you have any questions about this, please contact a Channel Account Manager.
10. How can I get more information about the Carbonite Reseller program?
For more information, please contact a Carbonite Channel Account Manager