- Protects your files against human error, hardware failures, ransomware and all of the other ways businesses lose data.
- Makes it easy to install backup across your entire organization with Remote Deployment.
- Provides simple yet powerful management and restore functionality.
- Allows access to files from anywhere via a web-based dashboard.
- Encrypts data at rest and in flight.
- Supports HIPAA compliance.
- Includes dedicated business technical support, 7 days/week via phone, chat or email.
Frequently asked questions
Carbonite protects computers, external hard drives and NAS devices. We back up many of the most common file types you’d use in a small or mid-sized business. This list includes, but is not limited to:
- Documents (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe)
- Media (photos, video, audio, graphics)
- Financial and accounting files (QuickBooks, Quicken, Sage)
- Point-of-sale (POS)
- Customer relationship management (CRM)
One or more administrators can be assigned to each Carbonite account. Admins can view and manage backups for the entire business using Carbonite’s intuitive dashboard. The dashboard allows administrators to create, deploy and manage backup policies for individuals, groups and departments. Admins can also control account details such as subscription information, security questions, password and billing.
Carbonite offers a variety of options for recovering lost data. You can choose to restore:
- All files - restore all of your backed up files to a new or repaired computer
- Individual files or folders - restore files and/or folders individually to your computer
- Previous file versions - in case of accidental overwrite, bring back an older version of a file
In addition, users can retrieve backed up computer files away from their computers. Anytime Anywhere Access allows you to log into your Carbonite account to view and download your backed up files from any internet-connected device.
Carbonite offers the Remote Deployment feature to allow account admins to remotely install and configure Carbonite on multiple users’ workstations, rather than manually installing it on each computer. They can then use Carbonite's web portal to remotely manage backup policies.
Yes, Carbonite supports compliance with HIPAA, FERPA, FINRA/GLBA and SOC2, Type2. Carbonite addresses compliance requirements for our customers by implementing administrative, physical and technical safeguards that ensure the confidentiality, integrity and security of your data.