- Protects your computers, external hard drives, NAS devices and servers, databases and applications from all of the ways businesses lose data.
- Makes it easy to install, monitor and manage backups across your entire organization.
- Allows access to computer files from anywhere via a web-based dashboard.
- Includes image backup and bare metal restore for physical and virtual servers.
- Provides options for both cloud and onsite server backup targets.
- Encrypts data at rest and in flight.
- Supports HIPAA compliance.
- Includes technical support, 7 days/week via phone, chat or email.
System RequirementsProtect computers running Windows 7, 8 or 10 and Macs with OSX 10.7 and above, and servers running Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2011, 2012, or 2016. Image backup and bare metal restore require 64-bit hardware.
Frequently asked questions
Carbonite protects servers, computers, external hard drives and NAS devices. We back up many of the most common file types you'd use in a small or mid-sized business. This list includes, but is not limited to:
- Documents (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe)
- Media (photos, video, audio, graphics)
- Financial and accounting files (QuickBooks, Quicken, Sage)
- Point-of-sale (POS)
- Customer relationship management (CRM)
- Databases and applications (Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft SharePoint, MySQL Server, Oracle Server, Hyper‑V, Windows Systems State, Windows NTFS and ReFS files and folders)
One or more administrators can be assigned to each Carbonite account. Admins can view and manage backups for the entire business using Carbonite’s intuitive dashboard. The dashboard allows administrators to create, deploy and manage backup policies for individuals, groups and departments. Admins can also control account details such as subscription information, security questions, password and billing.
Carbonite offers a variety of options for recovering lost data. You can choose to restore:
- All computer files - restore all of your backed up files to a new or repaired computer
- Individual computer files or folders - restore files and/or folders individually to your computer
- Previous computer file versions - in case of accidental overwrite, bring back an older version of a file
- Entire server(s) - with Image Backup and bare metal restore, you can recover the entire system in one pass, including operating systems, applications and settings
- Databases and Applications - recover a specific database, like Exchange or SQL, without having to do a full server restore
- Granular mailbox restore for Exchange and O365 - you don't have to restore an entire server if all you need is one user's mailbox
In addition, users can retrieve backed up computer files away from their computers. Anytime Anywhere Access allows you to log into your Carbonite account to view and download your backed up files from any internet-connected device.
Carbonite offers the Remote Deployment feature to allow backup admins to remotely install and configure Carbonite on multiple users’ workstations rather than manually installing it on each computer. They can then use Carbonite's web portal to remotely manage backup policies.
Yes, Carbonite supports compliance with HIPAA, FERPA, FINRA/GLBA and SOC2, Type2. Carbonite addresses compliance requirements for our customers by implementing administrative, physical and technical safeguards that ensure the confidentiality, integrity and security of your data.