How to create a strong password
- Make passwords at least seven characters long, 12 is better.
- Don’t use real words.
- Don’t use things that are easy to guess, such as your user name, real name, birthday or company name.
- Include each of the following in your passwords: upper case letters, lower case letters, numbers and symbols.
- Change your passwords regularly — at least every 90 days.
- Each time you change your password, make it different than your previous password.
- Avoid sequential passwords, such as Password1, Password2, Password3 ...