The newest version of the Carbonite Server Backup family of products provides small and midsize businesses (SMBs) with more power and flexibility so they can quickly recover from data loss incidents and all types of disasters.
Carbonite Server Backup products – including the newest addition to the family, Carbonite Server Advanced – provide SMBs with powerful image backup that protects a server’s operating system, settings, applications and files. They also enable Bare Metal Recovery, even to dissimilar hardware. At the same time, granular database backup ensures operational databases such as SQL and Exchange have their own backup schedules, retention policies and customization settings to optimize the restore process.
Here’s a quick look at some of the most important needs an SMB has when it comes to disaster recovery, and a look at how Carbonite Server Backup addresses those needs:
1. SMBs want to back up and restore data as fast as possible.
Carbonite Server Backup uses image and granular backups to protect all your physical and virtual servers. Carbonite Server Backup enables Bare Metal Recovery so you can get your business back up and running in minutes, not days. With image backup and Bare Metal Recovery (BMR), return to any point in time and find what was lost in minutes.
- Image backup protects your server’s OS, settings, files, and applications to enable bare metal recovery.
- Carbonite Server Backup offers rapid recovery of single files or full system data.
- Restore to dissimilar hardware with no OS or other software installation required.
2. SMBs have no time to wrestle with complexity.
With Carbonite Server Backup, business-critical data is protected with ease.
- Carbonite Server Backup is simple from install to restore.
- Our industry-leading support team offers a free valet install. They’re available seven days a week via phone, email or chat.
- Carbonite Server Backup plans allow the SMB to focus on what’s important to their business without getting mired in the complexities of backup.
3. SMBs need a budget-friendly backup solution that doesn’t skimp on security.
Carbonite Server Backup provides powerful backup and disaster recovery for unlimited servers at one low price. There is no per server or per application licensing. And whether or not you’re in a regulated industry, the security of your data is your top priority. Carbonite uses advanced encryption both at rest and in flight to protect your data from malicious threats. Some of our security features include:
- 256-bit private key encryption option
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and TLS transport security
- Minimum 128-bit encryption by default
- Support for FERPA, GLBA and HIPAA compliance
- Carbonite is certified compliant with SOC 2 (SAS 70) standards
4. SMBs want full control over what they back up and where.
Carbonite Server Backup combines the comprehensive protection of image backups and the granular flexibility of database specific backups. In doing so the customer gets the following benefits:
- Faster Bare Metal Restore: By separating out large Exchange, SQL, or SharePoint databases into their own specific backup sets we can more quickly get the server back up and running from bare metal.
- Granular Database Recovery: Customers can choose to restore their database without having to restore an entire system image, which is helpful in normal restore scenarios.
- Optimized Recovery Point Objectives (RPOs): Backup schedules (and retention) can be tailored for both the image and the specific databases to ensure optimal recovery point objectives.
- Carbonite Server Backup enables mailbox-level backup of Exchange Online data hosted in Office 365.
- Carbonite Server Backup supports backup for Microsoft Hyper-V virtual environments.
5. SMBs want backup that doesn’t disrupt other workflow.
Carbonite Server Backup is designed to work quietly and automatically in the background, without you having to worry too much about it. Other benefits include:
- Users have complete control over when backups occur.
- User can leverage a combination of full and incremental backups to save bandwidth and reduce their digital footprint.