Disasters come in many forms – from fires and floods to computer viruses and accidental deletions – and they can financially cripple a small business – or worse, put it out of business. Consider the latest research:
- Nearly 40% of small businesses never reopen their doors following a major disaster, according to FEMA.
- And more than 60% of small and midsize businesses surveyed by Carbonite believe their organization would go out of business if they experienced a major data loss event without proper disaster recovery protection in place.
Yet, despite these findings, the overwhelming majority of small businesses do not have a disaster recovery plan in place.
In this installment of The Carbonite Podcast, my special guest is Jamie Zajac, Carbonite's very own disaster recovery expert, and she's got some great tips on how to get started on your disaster recovery plan. Listen to this podcast and you'll learn:
- Why disaster recovery planning is more important to small businesses than ever before
- How to begin the process of creating a disaster recovery plan
- What to look for in a backup and disaster recovery solutions provider
Click on the player below to listen to the podcast now.