Carbonite, Inc. (NASDAQ: CARB), a leading provider of cloud and hybrid business continuity solutions for small and midsize businesses (SMBs), today announced the latest version of its workstation backup solution, Carbonite Pro. With this release, Carbonite Pro Prime administrators can remotely deploy and manage backups for all of the workstations in their organization – simplifying the data protection process and reducing the risk of data loss for SMBs.
Carbonite's new remote deployment and management features give IT administrators more control over their users’ backups. Administrators can now create backup policies defining what should and should not be backed up and deploy that policy from a centralized web dashboard, saving time and preventing user errors in setting up backups. Administrators can manage policies on an ongoing basis to ensure the right business data is being protected at all times.
“A backup solution is worthless if it’s not protecting the right data. By placing the control in an administrator’s hands, SMBs can decrease the risk of human error in setting up a backup solution and ensure mission-critical data is backed up as it’s created,” said David Raissipour, Senior Vice President of Engineering, Carbonite. “With Carbonite Pro Prime’s new remote deployment and management features, administrators can save valuable time in implementing and managing their business’s backup solution.”
About Carbonite Pro for workstations
Carbonite Pro for workstations offers comprehensive backup protection for PCs and Macs, ensuring critical business data is safe. Carbonite Pro features include:
• Remote deployment and management: Carbonite Pro Prime administrators can remotely deploy Carbonite on an unlimited number of workstations and manage backup policies on an ongoing basis to ensure the right business data is being protected at all times.
• Unlimited licensing: With no per-device license fees, businesses can back up an unlimited number of devices under one subscription – paying for more storage as they need it.
• Security & compliance: Carbonite uses advanced encryption both on the computer and during data transfer to ensure data is protected. Additionally, Carbonite supports HIPAA, FERPA and GLBA compliance.
• US-based support: Carbonite’s award-winning support team is available via phone, email and chat 7 days per week to help with anything from a free valet installation to file recovery.
• Full suite of business solutions: Carbonite’s suite of disaster recovery solutions for businesses can protect a business’s entire data footprint, including workstations, physical servers, virtual machines, Microsoft Exchange Online, databases and live applications – and it’s easy to add on new services as a business grows.
Carbonite’s Pro lineup of backup solutions includes three distinct solutions designed to meet the unique needs of SMBs:
• Pro Basic: Automatic file backup for unlimited PCs and Macs, plus 250GB of starter cloud storage.
• Pro Prime: Automatic file backup for PCs, Macs, file servers and NAS devices. Remote deployment and management of customized backup policies. 500GB of starter cloud storage.
• Server Pro Bundle: Pro Prime workstation backup, plus the functionality of Carbonite Server Advanced, including hot backup of databases and live applications, hybrid (local + cloud) backup, support for virtual machines and Exchange Online email. 500GB of starter cloud storage.
To learn more about Carbonite’s Pro plans for workstations, visit http://www.carbonite.com/online-backup/business/how-it-works.
Carbonite (Nasdaq:CARB) is a leading provider of cloud and hybrid business continuity solutions for small and midsized businesses. Together with our partners, we support more than 1.5 million individuals and small businesses around the world who rely on us to ensure their important data is protected, available and useful. To learn more about Carbonite, our partner program, and our award-winning backup, recovery & archiving solutions, visit us at Carbonite.com.
Emily Held, PAN Communications (for Carbonite)