Episode 0—A new investigative podcast: Breach
Featured guests include:
Ben is CTO and co-founder of Obsidian Security. He previously cofounded Carbon Black and most recently served as the company's chief security strategist.
Katie is CEO and founder of Luta Security. A noted authority on vulnerability disclosure and bug bounties, she developed bug bounty programs for Microsoft and the US Department of Defense. She’s also our favorite hacker.
Arthur is a Network Engineer with Layer 8 Security, LLC. He has more than twenty years of experience with network administration and information security.
Dr. Gavin Hales
Gavin is a Lecturer in the Division of Cyber Security at Abertay University. He covers topics like digital forensics, internet of things security and software development.
Damon is an assistant professor of computer science and engineering at New York University's Tandon School of Engineering.
Dennis is chief privacy and security officer at Return Path. He has more than 20 years of experience combating spam, security/privacy issues and data governance issues.
Dan is an IT cybersecurity consultant who has worked with many three-letter agencies. We won’t say more than that.
Amy Knight is a historian of the Soviet Union and Russia. She has been described by The New York Times as "the West's foremost scholar" of the KGB. Her most recent book is "Orders to Kill: The Putin Regime and Political Murder."
Nicholas is the global editor-in-chief and chief content officer at Business Insider. He's also the author of "Marissa Mayer and the Fight to Save Yahoo!" Carlson's coverage of Yahoo won Digiday's award for Best Editorial Achievement of 2014.
Nicole is a cybersecurity reporter for The New York Times. She is the author of the forthcoming book "This is How They Tell Me the World Will End" with Penguin/Portfolio.
Andrei is a Russian investigative journalist and co-author of "The Red Web: The Struggle Between Russia’s Digital Dictators and the New Online Revolutionaries."
Michael R. Isikoff
Isikoff is an American investigative journalist who is currently the Chief Investigative Correspondent at Yahoo News.
Harri is a data security expert and one of the world’s leading authorities in the areas of election voting security and critical infrastructure and network system security. Harri is a recipient of the prestigious EFF Pioneer Award for his work on electronic voting security, featured in the HBO documentary "Hacking Democracy."
Kelly is a security engineer at Spotify and an adjunct professor at NYU Polytechnic School of Engineering. She regularly speaks about reverse engineering at conferences, including Black Hat, SummerCon, and Countermeasure.
- Vogue article about Marissa Mayer: "Hail to the Chief"
- Official Yahoo data breach announcement
- New York Times: "Yahoo says all three billion accounts hacked in 2013 data theft"
- Reuters: Yahoo says all three billion accounts hacked in 2013 data theft
- Reuters: Russia charges cyber security expert, FSB officers with treason: lawyer
- U.S Department of Justice: Canadian hacker who conspired with and aided Russian FSB officers pleads guilty
Full episode transcripts will be found here.
Breach is a new podcast investigating history’s most notorious data security breaches. Season one takes an in-depth look at the biggest hack in history: The Yahoo data breach left three billion users' private information vulnerable for three years before the public learned about it. Hosted by Bob Sullivan, an award-winning journalist and tech expert, and seasoned podcast producer Alia Tavakolian, Breach investigates every misstep that led up to the Yahoo attack—and what it means for businesses, consumers and the future of data privacy.
- Episode 0—A new investigative podcast: Breach - Breach podcast - Trailer
- Episode 1—Caution: Falling rocks - Breach podcast - Episode 1
- Episode 2—Goodbye from Yahoo! - Breach podcast - Episode 2
- Episode 3—Good morning, dark web - Breach podcast - Episode 3
- Episode 4—Which Russia hack? Part 1 - Breach podcast - Episode 4A
- Episode 5—Which Russia hack? Part 2 - Breach podcast - Episode 4B
- Breach—Election special - Breach podcast - Special episode
- Season 2 - Coming March 4 - Breach season 2 trailer
- Equifax Data Breach: The Motherlode - Breach podcast - S2 Episode 1
- Equifax Data Breach: The Product - Breach podcast - S2 Episode 2
- Equifax Data Breach: What Went Wrong - Breach podcast - S2 Episode 3
- Equifax Data Breach: The Response - Breach podcast - S2 Episode 4
- Equifax Data Breach: Justice? - Breach podcast - S2 Episode 5
- Equifax Data Breach: Is Privacy Dead - Breach podcast - S2 Episode 6