Migrate data and systems to and from any physical or virtual server.
Achieve true IT agility with seamless, simple workload migrations. Carbonite Move Powered by DoubleTake handles any workload migration with near-zero downtime. See it in action for yourself.
Simple, non-disruptive migrations every time
Carbonite Move quickly and easily migrates physical, virtual and cloud workloads to and from any environment with minimal risk and near-zero downtime. It creates a replica of the data, application, database or server to be migrated, and keeps it perfectly synchronized with the production system.
- Replicate data continuously to ensure an up-to-date target system.
- Enable unlimited testing of the new environment before cutover—without disrupting operations.
- Reduce downtime to minutes or seconds while you cut over to the new server.
- Ensure data, files and system settings are replicated reliably.
How Carbonite Move works
- After installing the software, Carbonite Move, the administrator selects the source and target servers through the console.
- The console is where you can view and edit properties, encryption, compression, bandwidth consumption, credentials, licensing and notifications for servers to be migrated.
- Once initiated, Carbonite Move performs an initial mirror of the data, applications, database or complete server being migrated.
- Throughout the replication process, Carbonite Move automatically preserves cross dependencies, permissions, attributes and file names.
- Cutting over to the target can be initiated manually or automated immediately upon completion of the replication mirror.
- Streamlined, automated migration of files, folders or entire servers
- Scalable continuous replication, with minimal performance or bandwidth impact
- Easy, non-disruptive testing
- Supports physical, virtual and cloud-based systems—both primary and secondary
- Offers freedom from lock-in to any specific hypervisor, cloud vendor or hardware
- Comprehensive SDK for integration and automation
- AES 256-bit encryption
- 24/7 Award-winning technical support
- Migrate to or from any public cloud with Carbonite Cloud Migration Powered by DoubleTake
- Windows Server
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Oracle Enterprise Linux
- SUSE Linux Enterprise
with native integration for:
- VWware ESXi
- Microsoft Hyper-V
Any cloud platform, including:
- Microsoft Azure
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Google Cloud
- VMware vCloud Director
Discover the freedom that Carbonite Move can bring to your IT team.Download now
8 tips for mastering migration
Get expert advice on forming your strategy, determining costs and finding technical solutions to ensure successful data migration.Download now
Top 5 migration mistakes
Even professionals are prone to these pitfalls—learn how to avoid them.Download now