BOSTON, Ma. – December 9, 2015 – Carbonite, Inc. (NASDAQ: CARB), a leading provider of cloud and hybrid business continuity solutions for small and midsize businesses (SMBs), today announced significant momentum for its Partner Program in 2015. Channel veteran, Jessica Couto, has been appointed as Vice President of North American Channel Sales to lead channel sales and marketing with a revitalized product suite and expanded Channel Partner programs. These efforts, which have been recognized by the IT Channel community with numerous awards and accolades throughout the past year, reaffirm Carbonite’s commitment to its partners around the world.
Couto was appointed to drive the growth of Carbonite’s SMB IT Channel. Her previous experience includes serving as Director of Worldwide Channels at Bit9 + Carbon Black and leading Eastern US Channel Sales for Kaspersky Lab. With more than ten years of channel experience, Couto will accelerate Carbonite’s channel strategy for the ongoing success of its partner program.
“I’m proud to join the talented team at Carbonite and believe strongly in its mission to keep businesses in business,” said Couto. “There’s a significant opportunity for channel partners serving SMBs: small businesses worldwide number more than 78 million, and spending in the SMB business continuity market is expected to increase 33 percent annually through 2018, according to IDC. With comprehensive cloud and hybrid backup solutions that are customizable for IT providers, Carbonite is well-positioned to help channel partners take advantage of this growing industry.”
Product Suite Enhancements
In 2015, Carbonite made significant updates to all SMB product lines in an effort to help its partners expand their backup and disaster recovery options:
- Introduced latest version of workstation backup solution, Carbonite Pro, which includes an improved user experience, enablement of partner trials and capability for remote deployment and management for large user groups.
- Launched a new version of server backup, Carbonite Server Advanced, offering businesses bare metal recovery and flexible, granular protection for their critical server data. Added the ability to back up Microsoft Office 365 Exchange Online email.
- Announced Carbonite Backup Appliances suite, a lineup of five new appliances ranging from four to eight terabytes offering bare metal recovery to existing, new or dissimilar hardware with image backup and advanced management capabilities. Carbonite Backup Appliances are available exclusively through the channel.
Partner Program Updates
Carbonite expanded its successful partner trial program so IT solutions providers in its network can now offer their clients free trials of Carbonite Server Pro Bundle, which includes both server and workstation backup technology. This full-feature, no-obligation trial complements the other unique services offered in Carbonite’s Partner Program, including sales and technical training, market development funds (MDF), product discounts, and more.
Awards and Recognition
As a result of continuous innovation, Carbonite’s channel team and program were honored with several awards in 2015:
- Product accolades: Carbonite was selected by channel partners as the Gold Winner for Best Cloud BDR Solutions in the ChannelPro Readers' Choice Awards and was awarded first place in Cloud Computing Services for SOHO/SMB in the PC Magazine Business Choice Awards.
- Company/program: Carbonite was a Top 25 winner in the Talkin’ Cloud 100 , named to CRN’s list of the 20 Coolest Cloud Storage Winners and was recognized as 5 Star Winner in the CRN Partner Program Guide. Carbonite was also named a Winner in CRN’s Annual Report Card (ARC) program, placing first in the support and partnership categories, among many others.
To read more about Carbonite’s partner program, please visit: http://www.carbonite.com/en/partners/partner-program/
Carbonite, Inc. (Nasdaq:CARB) is a leading provider of cloud and hybrid business continuity solutions for small and midsized businesses. Together with our partners, we support more than 1.5 million individuals and small businesses around the world who rely on us to ensure their important data is protected, available and useful. To learn more about the cloud solutions voted #1 by PC Magazine readers, as well as our partner program and our award-winning customer support, visit us at Carbonite.com.
Emily Held, PAN Communications (for Carbonite)